I've assembled some handmade journals before and love them. It's fun to see the colors together and fun to add lots of goodies. And fun just to have them around. This is how I make them:
- gather a group of papers and pick out 6 of your favorites (double-sided scrapbook paper works really well because you get to see both sides).
- cut the paper to 8.5x11
- fold the paper in half (so they are 8.5 x 5.5)
- stack the papers until you like the color combo
- punch about 5 evenly-spaced holes along the fold lines (through all 6 sheets of paper). A needle works well.
- thread a good-sized needle with twine and, starting on the inside of the journal, stitch together with a big running stitch up one side of the journal and then down the other side. Tie off the last stitch with the first using a cute knot.
now comes the fun part...
add stuff...stuff you have in your craft space; envelopes, ribbon, buttons, stamps, etc.
This one is off in the mail today to a friend but I'll be back with a few more later this week (after I find a better way to take pictures of them).